The Most Popular websites in the world
Here is a list of the most popular websites from around the world. The list was compiled with Alexa and Similiar Web data. These are reliable and good tools for comparing the popularity, i.e. (the value) of websites and web applications.
Why is it worth knowing such ranking? It’s good to know what is successful on the Internet and try to answer why. Such knowledge will be useful for creating useful products and tools with a global reach, or even for sublimating the trends currently prevailing on the Internet.
The better the website’s position, the more traffic a given domain has.
Alexa ranking is based on Total Page Views and Unique Visitors (UU). These values are weighted and the average of the last three months is taken. It is worth mentioning that the highest domain (without subdomains) is in the ranking.
SimiliarWeb evaluates websites based on data from ISPs as well as scripts that count traffic on many websites and search engines.
It is worth mentioning that everyone can know their own position in the Alexa ranking: https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo. The traffic graph is visible for sites that fall into the first million.
These results apply to Internet traffic from around the world. If you are interested in the popularity of individual websites in specific country let me know in the comment section.
Note: The worse the position in the ranking (higher number), the less accurate the data is, so don’t worry about temporary fluctuations of your website.
- Google.com – The Google search engine (or simply Google), which has practically no competition and there is no indication that it will change any time soon. The market share is over 92%. It handles over 3.5 billion searches per day. The browser can be used for free. The website pays for itself by broadcasting ads that are separate from the “real” search results. Search engine robots scour websites and create a table of contents for the entire Internet. The page’s position in the ranking that appears on the user’s query depends on its quality, credibility and popularity calculated on the basis of more and more complex algorithms and research carried out on users.
- YouTube.com – YouTube is the second search engine, but this time videos in which each of us can be involved. YouTube is also a guarantee from Google. The size of YouTube clips maintained and their natural increase to a number that is hard to imagine. Publishing and watching YouTube videos is also free. The website earns money by broadcasting ads and premium accounts. The best YouTube creators share the profits from broadcasting ads or conduct their own advertising activities. Videos can be rated and also commented on, which makes YouTube a social network.
- Facebook.com – social network. Facebook is a place to create social networks. The website allows you to publish posts, photos, videos, and communicate with friends. Posts can be liked and commented. Facebook makes money by broadcasting personalized ads and selling user data.
- Baidu.com – Chinese search engine.
- Twitter.com – microblogging social media platform.
- Wikipedia.org – a multilingual online encyclopedia, the creation of which can be involved in all of us. The quality of the price is moderated by editors and administrators who are elected in community votes. Wikipedia maintains information about the sale of donations. Operation is not working..
- Instagram.com – photo & video social media platform.
- Yahoo.com – website with search engine, news and email services.
- Yandex.com – russian search engine.
- Netflix.com – video streaming platform.
- Yahoo.com.jp – japaneese Yahoo.
- Live.com – Windows Live.
- Amazon.com – e-commerce.
- Whatsapp.com – messaging app.
- Naver.com – South Korean online platform.
- Vk.com – russian social network.
- Google.com.br – brazilian version of Google.com.
- Reddit.com – forums with news.
- Office.com – MS Office domain.
- QQ.com – Chinese messaging app and social network.
- Bit.ly – link shortener.
- Mail.ru – russian online services.
- Globo.com – latin american media platform.
- Linkedin.com – business social network
- Worldometers.com – live statistics.
- Cnn.com – CNN news
- Youtu.be – shorter version of YouTube domain used for sharing.
- Bing.com – Microsoft search engine
- Ok.ru – Russian social network
- Msn.com – Microsoft services
- Pinterest.com – photo based social network.
- Microsoftonline.com – domain for Microsoft online services.
- Zoom.us – video communicator.
- Ebay.com – e-commerce platform.
- Bilibili.com – Chinese video based social network.
- Twitch.com – video streaming platform.
- Microsoft.com – official website of Microsoft.
- Docomo.ne.jp – Japanese news website.
- Bbc.co.uk – BBC news
- News.yahoo.co.jp – Japanese Yahoo.
- Taboola.com – advertisement platform.
- Uol.com.br – Brazilian website.
- News.google.com – Google News.
- Samsung.com – official website of Korean company.
- Outbrain.com – ad platform.
- Ucnews.in – news website.
- Bbc.com – BBC International.
- 9apps.com – mobile apps.
- Arcgis.com – another statistics on maps.
- Google.de – German domain for Google.
- Amazon.co.jp – Japanese Amazon domain.
- Nytimes.com – New York Times.
- Roblox.com – games.
- Duckduckgo.com – Search Engine.
- Zhihu.com – Chinese Q&A platform.
- Rakuten.co.jp – Japanese e-commerce
- Accuweather.com – weather forecast
- Taobao.com – Chinese e-commerce
- Ucweb.com – Chinese website
- Quora.com – Q&A platform
- Fandom.com – Fandom wiki hosting service
- Daum.net – South Korean online services.
- Paypal.com – online payments
- Weather.com – weather forecasts.
- Imdb.com – website about movies, TV shows and games.
- Amazon.de – German domain for Amazon
- Google.co.jp – Japanese domain fo Google
- Theguardian.com – British news website
- WordPress.com – blogging platform
- Foxnews.com – FOX news
- Google.fr – french domain for Google
- Office365.com – Microsoft Office 365 services
- Messenger.com – messaging app
- Aliexpress.com – e-commerce platform
- Sharepoint.com – web app platform
- Walmart.com – Walmart official website
- Amazon.co.uk – British domain for Amazon
- Apple.com – Apple official website
- Dailmymail.co.uk – news
- Github.com – source code hosting and developers community
- Fc2.com – Japanese blogging platform
- Cdc.gov – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Google.co.uk – British domain for Google
- Maps.arcgis.com – statistics on maps.
- Sohu.com – Chienese website
- Wp.pl – Polish website with news and mail services
- Indeed.com – job advertisements
- News.naver.com – Korean news service.
- Google.it – Italian domain for Google
- Craigslist.org – American classified advertisements website
- Tumblr.com – microblogging platform
- 10086.cn – China Mobile
Last update: May 2, 2020
Inspired by: https://mansfeld.pl/webdesign/najpopularniejsze-strony-internetowe-swiata/