Basic SEO Techniques for Your Website
What if I tell you that you can rank your website in Google by yourself? In this article I will show you my favorite and highly effective tips and tricks that shuld improve your rankings. It doesn’t matter if you have a simple website with your offer, blog or even online store.
I always use these SEO techniques when I publish new website for my client or when I makes quite big and significant updates.
- Use very unique, simple and consistent titles and title tags – especially title tags, they are visible in SERP (Search Engine Result Page) and determines for which keywords your website will show up for user query.
- Create a news or blog section, which motivate you to make updates and there will be stimulus for your audience to check for fresh content.
- Make your website lightweight and as fast as possible – it improves not only SERP rankings but user experience as well (check your website performance with Google PageSpeed Insights it will give you many hints how to make your website faster and faster).
- Delete duplicated content – duplicate content is very harmful for your website position and authority. Remove duplicated blocks of text that were previously published on another wibsite.
- Install SSL certficate and use consisten URLs with https prefix. Remember to redirect all subpages with permanent 301 .htaccess redirect.
- Use consistent website address – always with www or always with no www.
- Add your website to Search Console and explore its functionalities.
- Earn some backlinks – from social media profiles, yellow pages, guest post and check your competitors backlinks (with Semrush, Ahrefs or Ubbersuggest).
- Update existing content – you don’t have to create now posts, products or create additional subpages to keep yor content fresh. Just update existing pages it will boost its rankings with little effort.
- Create useful content – don’t expect good search rank and high traffic if you haven’t useful and unique content.
There is definitely more to do but “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step” isn’t it? There are many tools with other SEO tips: https://seositecheckup.com/seo-audit/pawelmansfeld.com